Let’s be honest. If you were in charge on your wedding day, you’d be wearing shorts and a t-shirt and be off to Hawaii after the wedding vows are exchanged. But in case you didn’t already know, you’re not in charge. So, we’re just gonna help you out here.
Here’s what’s expected of you on your wedding day (we suggest you repeat these mantras to yourself regularly in preparation for your big day):
- I will show up…early.
- I will take a shower, shave, and look presentable.
- I will smile in every single one of the pictures.
- I will make pleasant conversation, even if it’s with my wife’s third-grade substitute teacher.
- I will shake every hand presented to me.
- I will wear a fashionable suit that isn’t wrinkled and that matches the wedding colors.
- I will survive all of these things because it’s better than having it held over my head for the next twenty years if I mess it up.
Got it? Good. Now we have that out of the way, we’re going to talk about the suit, because trust us, it matters to her. From the suit to the tie to the socks and shoes, we can help you select everything you need to coordinate with the wedding colors and create a custom look for you on your special day.
While in the past, it was customary to rent a tux for the big day, it’s becoming increasingly common to purchase a new suit for the occasion. It makes sense for a couple of reasons. First, current trends lean more toward wearing a fashionable suit for the wedding than a tux. And second, purchasing a suit means being able to wear it regularly instead of just once.
This process will take a little bit of time, so be sure that you plan ahead for choosing your suit and accessories and having it tailored in time for your wedding day. You’ll also want to think about ensuring enough time for your groomsmen to be outfitted as well. The more prepared you are with extra time to spare, the more you’ll be able to focus on what matters most: your wife-to-be.